Current Research in Databases and Information Systems WS 09/10
In this seminar we will focus on latest research results as published on major DB conferences such as VLDB and SIGMOD. The goal of this seminar is to increase your technical understanding of DB systems, develop a feeling for research, and improve your presentation skills.
Topics will include:
hot topics from DB research, more information will be available in October
- Prof. Jens Dittrich
- Dr. Jorge Quiane (assistant)
- Jörg Schad (assistant)
- Students are expected to participate in WS 09/10 or have already successfully passed the Database System core lecture or an equivalent lecture.
- The number of participants is limited to 15 people.
- This is a block seminar. We will meet on October 16, 10am to assign topics and discuss details. If you cannot participate on this day, you will not be able to participate in this seminar.
- For registering it is recommended to send us an email. Please send information on the DB-related courses you have attended so far.
- Talks will be held in a block seminar at the beginning of February 2010.
- This course counts 7 ECTS.
- Requirements for passing this course:
- Attendance of all presentations
- peer-reviewing of other presentations
- final presentation
- written report