Current Research in Databases and Information Systems WS 11/12
In this seminar we will focus on latest research results as published on major DB conferences such as VLDB, SIGMOD, CIDR, and SOCC. The goal of this seminar is to increase your technical understanding of DB systems, develop a feeling for research, and improve your presentation skills.
Topics will include:
hot topics from DB research
- Dr. Jorge Quiane
- Alekh Jindal
- Stefan Schuh
- Jörg Schad
- (25-10-11)paper list is online
- (29-09-11) If you want to participate in this seminar, please make sure to register as described below. If you did not receive an email from Prof. Dittrich with the string "you are registered", you are considered not registered.
- Students are expected to have very good knowledge about the basics of information systems, e.g. the course "Informationssysteme" or a comparable lecture. Additional lectures in the area of databases and information systems are considered a plus.
- The number of participants is limited to 15 people.
- This is a block seminar. We will meet on October 20, 12:15pm to assign topics and discuss details. If you cannot participate on this day, you will not be able to participate in this seminar.
- For registering you must send an email to Prof. Dittrich. Please include information on any DB- or systems-related course you have attended so far including the grades you obtained. Please also include a short statement why you are interested in this course. Please only send documents as pdf.
- Talks will be held in a block seminar at the beginning of February 2012 in the first week of the holdays.
- This course counts 7 ECTS.
- Requirements for passing this course:
- Attendance to all presentations
- successfull intermediate reports
- peer-reviewing of other presentations
- final presentation