SIGMOD Programming Contest Lab: Durable Main-Memory Index using Flash
Are you interested in:
- Winning $ 5,000?
- Winning a trip to Greece?
- Receiving 5 credit points?
=> Join our Programming Contest Lab this Semester Break!
- Block course from Feb 14 to April 7
- Two weekly meetings
- Groups of 2-5 students
- Please send us an email beforehand to register: joerg dot schad at cs
- Introduction meeting February 14, at 14:00, E1.1 room 222.2
- Final contest deadline: March 31!
- Basic database knowledge
- C++ coding skills
- Interest in challenging problems
- S. Lee et Al., On Flash-Based DBMSs: Issues for Architectural Re-Examination
, In Journal of Object Technology vol. 6,8 2007
- Y. Li et Al., Tree Indexing on Flash Disks , In PVLDB 2010
- D. Agrawal et Al., Lazy-Adaptive Tree: An Optimized Index Structure for Flash Devices
, VLDB 2009
- P. O'Neil et Al., The log-structured merge-tree (LSM-tree)
,In Acta Informatica Vol. 33, 2007
- Y. Luo, FBX-Tree: A Write Intensive Structure for Flash Disk Thesis
- K. Cui et Al., HashTree: A New Hybrid Index for Flash Disks
, APWEB 2010
- 2009 results
Also interesting pointer!